Brasov, the beautiful city in Romania represents perhaps the most well-known destination in this fantastic Eastern European nation. If you haven’t been to Romania, it is absolutely worth a visit. From beautiful nature and abundant wildlife to spectacular castles and exciting history and culture, this is a country with so much in store. And if that wasn’t enough to convince you, you should know that Romania is incredibly affordable.
So much more than just the gateway to Dracula country, Brasov is a well-preserved hidden gem, set amongst the romantic countryside of the Carpathian Mountains. The scenery is truly spectacular and the best thing of all is that you only have to share it with a few locals, as few tourists venture here. The ones that do are rewarded with fairytale castles, pretty squares, and grand Baroque architecture to explore.
Brașov’s Old Citadel & The Black Church
• Discover Brașov’s Old Citadel. What is extraordinary in Brașov is that even today, the walls and towers of the old fortress rise majestically, unaltered by time’s passing. Some of the monumental towers and bastions have been converted into museums, like the Graft Bastion, displaying the exhibition ‘The Craftsman from Brașov – Defenders of the Citadel’ or the Weaver’s Bastion, where you can admire a miniature of Brașov. Other towers like the Black Tower and the White Tower are not only hosting exhibitions but are also perfect spots for photography passionate, from where beautiful views over Brașov can be captured
• The Black Church is one of the landmarks of Brașov, together with the Council’s Square, placed next to it. Built in the late 14th to late 15th-century, the gothic monument is the biggest church between Wien and Istanbul. Inside, you can discover the biggest collection of oriental tapestry in Europe and the magnificent Bucholz Organ. In summer, organ concerts are organized every week and the ambience is just mesmerizing
• Traditional Lunch at Sergiana Restaurant (optional)
• Capture the panorama from the Cetatuia Brasovului. Perched on the Dealul Cetății, Cetățuia Brașovului is a fortress built strategically both as a defense and observation point over the city. The stronghold can be visited every day and during the evening, when it is beautifully illuminated. From up there, lovely views of the city appear in front of your eyes and for the romantics, this is a must-do in Brasov
• Have a Coffee and Buy a Souvenir at the Rope Street Museum
• To get to the Rope Street Museum, you’ll have to cross the narrowest street in Europe first, the Rope Street. At the end, you’ll find a small, lovely museum filled with artworks of the local artists, photos of the hidden corners of Brașov and handmade souvenirs. If you want to have an authentic reminder of your visit to Brașov, this is the place to buy it. Added to that, you can enjoy some lovely cupcakes and warm teas and coffees inside the museum
What is included in the price:
- 2 professional tour guides
- English guided tours for the entire period
- Transfer from and to the hotel
- Transport with our minivan for the entire duration of the adventure – fuel included
- Guided tours in Brasov
What is not included in the price:
- Entrance tickets to all touristic attractions
- Airport transfers
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Other personal spending
- Sometimes, some of the places we intend to visit may be closed at that time. But don’t worry. We have prepared tourist attractions at least as interesting as the previous ones.
- We can organize this tour all year long.
- The tour can be customized depending on the number of days you have available.